Monday 27 February 2012

How it began.

Welcome to the first post of my new blog!

Years ago before I was dating my husband I used to do things called Random Acts of Kindness. I would do them all the time.. pay for the person's order in the drive thru behind me, put money in parking meters, if I saw they were expired, etc. But as time went by and life got busy I slowly drifted from it.

Fast forward to this weekend. For the passed few weeks I had been feeling as though the world was bogging me down with negativity. Everywhere I turned around, someone had something bad to say. my news feed on facebook was 90% full of posts from people who were complaining about one thing or another. I just got so frustrated and I wanted to scream "enough!". But I didn't know what to do.

And then it hit me. Ghandi said "be the change you wish to see in the world." and truer words have never been spoken. I shouldn't complain that people are complaining. That makes me just as bad! If I want more positivity in my life, I need to bring it myself.

And so it began. I woke up Sunday morning and said to myself (and my facebook world) that I was going to change. I was going to become a positive force. Set an example for my son. Do good deeds, give out compliments, smile for no reason. I'm going to make an effort to be what I think the world is lacking. I want my son to grow up happy, seeing the glass half full. I don't want him looking for the bad side, but seeing that the world is full of wonderment and nice people.

I ordered up some cute cards (the first card is below, the 2nd hasn't arrived yet) and decided I was going to start a tradition. A tradition of kindness. We are going to do random acts of niceness, some big, some small and some inbetween. We are going to give compliments, try to be more patient, smile more often, help when we can.

I hope to continue this with Silas and Chris (and any other family and friends too!) for the rest of my life. I hope that when Silas grows up he will carry on the tradition with his family too.

Together we can change the world, one good deed at a time.

Thanks for joining us on our journey.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment